Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Flashback

...Lo aNd BeHoLd...

Sitting here in Kuala Lumpur airport whilst waiting for my flight to Macau, the hasty decision which I made suddenly dawned upon me. As easy as buying the ticket was, will travelling in a different land be as easy, emphasized by the fact that I'm on my own and know no one? KL was easy enough. I felt like I was optimally in my element, language, people and all. Macau and Hong Kong are going to be different stories altogether. No accomodation as of now either.

Strangely enough I'm not the least bit fearful. There's this adrenaline rush telling me to live my life on the edge. I guess in the relative world of our dwelling, one does not value happiness as much without facing adversity head on or know of its existence at the very least. Contentment is rendered a function of the prior factors. Philosophical story cut short, such time will allow me to value elements that I often take for granted either consciously or sub-consciously back in my good old Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment