Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kuala Lumpur -Day 1 of reflection: Wisdom of Speech…

...Lo aNd BeHoLd...


There was so much turmoil inside of me before I began the trip. My priorities were way off course. People who had known me since the good old army days saw me falter, or show signs of weakness for the very first time. I knew something had to be done to salvage the situation. – This is what the me of the past would’ve written whilst embarking on such a journey of reflection.



I still stand by the above. But people relationships have inevitably infused their forms into my being to a great extent. It’s hard to face myself in the mirror knowing the person who once made it his business to put the sorrows of his friends upon himself ends up creating sorrows for those very people. There comes a point in life, where whatever you say or do inevitably backfires upon you, wrecking repercussion after repercussion.



In some situations, the answers are not clear cut. Who’s to blame? Could it have been better had it been done in a different way? Is there a win-win solution? I sound like I’m speaking in riddles, but sometimes the understanding that riddles as such exist allows us to understand the complexities of human nature. The intricacies with which it develops, the profoundness which surrounds its form, akin to the penumbra.



On day 1 of my journey, I pray that God grant me the wisdom of tongue. So that, that which I speak brings happiness to people instead of setting sorrows upon their beings. I pray that God grant me the wisdom and the clarity of thought to think in utmost detail, consider circumstances and repercussions before I speak.


On a side note, I took a 40 minute flight from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. At Kuala Lumpur, I took a 1 hour long skybus ride to KL Sentral. From KL Sentral, I took a taxi to my hotel at Jalan Bintang. Thus my whole evening was spent traveling. I actually miss my physics friends now. Leaving a gathering halfway made me feel like I have left unfinished business behind. Guys, just want you to know that I treasure each and everyone of you….


In my room now which is uber scary. It’s barely 2m by 2m and there’s a mirror right in front of my bed. How’s that for an eerie night in Kuala Lumpur.

























aNgeLs BroUghT mE HeRe...


No comments:

Post a Comment