Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 3, 4, 5, 6- Hong Kong- Epilogue:Blessed are thee...

...Lo aNd BeHoLd...

Coincidence of Divine Intervention?

Before I start writing anything about my HongKong experience, I want to share something. On my first day in HongKong, Patrick and Dean texted me- 'Loke, do you need me to pray for you with regards to anything' and to attend service on Sunday respectively. This sort of set my mind into reflection gear once again. While making my way through the city landscapes, numbing my legs out in a semi-jog throughout and freezing in the one thin jacket which I brought along I asked myself whether I was indeed feeling better, whether my priorities had been sorted out. Before the new year, I was still unsure. I was still feeling lost in the frenzy which surrounded my being. Then this morning, I had to travel to the New (Outer) territories of HongKong. Little did I know, the accomodation which I had booked 3 nights before, by sheer coincidence, is part of a Church. The building stands upon a hill called- High Rock. As, I entered the Church/Hostel, I could hear the sounds of hymms resounding (In Cantonese) amidst the various rooms. People who looked of my age or youger were sitting with their bibles all over, studying. Best of all, every single person smiled at me. The feeling was surreal. I entered the building and a small figurine stood before me- (Inscribed)- 'The Lord is my rock and my salvation'. Suddenly my whole world made sense.

I am not being evangelistic or prescribing that one should suscribe to a particular religion. But the idea that there has been what seems like divine intervention present my enter life commands observation. It suddenly occurred to me that as much as I have been a victim of circumstance for as long as I have known myself, my motivation has never dwindled, sustained. Through each calamity that has come my way, there has always been a silver lining. I am saying this not philosophically, but based on a multitude of experiences, given my family background and the circumstances from which I emerge. 'Just when you are told its the end, magic happens- I can name at least three such incidences'. People who know me well enough, will know. Today, regardless of where I stand, God has brought me to a place I never thought possible. Looking back at my accomplishments as little or much as they may be, I am indeed grateful.

Hence, the conclusion to this trip is that I'll continue working hard to the best of my ability with the aid of God. Work hard so that I only provide and never expect. I know I have gifts and I shouldn't drown myself in either self-pity, remorse or regret. I know I have the ability to build close relationships with almost everyone I meet, but may God grant me the drive to sustain these relationships and not let them falter in due time. After all, I always tell my friends- 'When I'm old and greying, I'll sit on my rocking chair in sweet satisfaction knowing that I contributed to my friends, my family, my country to the best of my ability'.

My epic beginning to the New Year... :)

...aNgeLs BroUghT mE HeRe...

No comments:

Post a Comment