Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Opening Of Doors + Thailand

...Lo aNd BeHoLd...

It suddenly occurred to me that when one door closed to me last semester, a dozen doors just opened ahead. I can now do things that I was initially restricting myself from doing. Things that I may not have done should the circumstances have manifested themselves otherwise. Things that I may have regretted not doing in time to come. I guess it always culminates to one's ability to see light in the utmost of situations. Often a difficult or arduous task, a time-dependent process.

Today I realised that there are people who read my blog, who are inspired by it. Not because I speak that which draws, but because there are many people who go through similar lessons in life, who cannot make sense of that which they are in, who eventually find solace in knowing that they are not alone. This is life, this is now.

PHUKET/KRABI

After a week of being on my own, I was already yearning the company of friends. Throughout the trip, Jelvin and Weiyang were awesome pals and I thoroughly enjoyed myself... Thanks guys!

Terrific natural sights, vast blue and green waters, magnificent formations would pretty much summarize that which there is to see. We visited off-shore islands on ferries, went canoeing, snorkeling, kayaking and swimming. But of course, what is a trip without shopping and the all- famous Thai-massage. After surviving mostly on nuts and egg-tarts in Macau and HongKong, the company of awesome friends also brought with it food galore. I had people to dine with, so I had to eat and the food did not disappoint. Tried the different curries and each was tantalizing. The ambience of each and every restaurant was great too. Street food included special pan-cakes with bananas and PEANUT BUTTER- love at 1st sight.

School's going to start tomorrow. I feel funny cos there is nothing to push for, for once in my life. My GPA can't fall any lower because most of my modules will be arts modules. Neither can it be pulled any higher because of the previous semester. Yet I know I have to fulfill my responsibility towards my FYP professor to the best of my ability. Especially since my FYP professor was supposed to have no honours year student this year and he created more work for himself by accepting me.

I still am going to overload myself with modules. At the end of the day, I believe, the skills I acquire will be the ones that become the tools that empower me to serve the country well. Paper qualifications, I do not deny, will bring me some incentives. But then, what is
life without choices and challenges? :)
...aNgeLs BrOuGhT mE HeRe...

No comments:

Post a Comment